Stoned Gamer League (SGL)/Stoned Gamer Inc. is the globe’s premier intersection of gaming and cannabis; we provide professional and casual gaming experiences within the Stoned Gamer Arena, production of cannabis equipment and products, innovative consumer technology, and creative marketing services.
Our SGL office offers services and products to multi-national and large organisations, public institutions, innumerable small, fast-growing companies, along with entertainment for a multitude of growing Stoned Gamers across the planet. Thanks to a strong regional presence in Los Angeles, California, we are ideally placed to meet the demand of an ever-growing cannabis industry and a robust esports community.
The Stoned Gamer Arena is a groundbreaking facility nestled in Los Angeles, CA that serves as the world’s only eSports arena that allows and encourages cannabis consumption. The arena is home to the Stoned Gamer League and the sixteen team franchises of the organization. Positions specific to the Stoned Gamer Arena are designated to manage day-to-day operations of the facility including SGL tournaments and events.
- Become an essential part of the operations of the SGL
- Join an international team of passionate experts on Stoned Gaming
- Work in different industries, in Los Angeles and abroad
- Have a unique career track with real growth opportunities
- Work in our brand new Stoned Gamer Arena nestled in Downtown Los Angeles
Sounds good? Let’s discuss!
Why you get out of bed every morning:
As a Graphic Designer you are utilizing your expertise in digital design and aesthetics to create unique and groundbreaking content for the SGL.
This means that you will lead the SGL crew to victory in:
- Developing remarkable branded designs in multiple occurrences within the SGL
- Follow the gold standard for all SGL tournaments and events
- Be familiar in current graphic trends of esports, fashion, art, competitive gaming, and cannabis
- Continually educating yourself on historical and future practices of graphic design and art
- Art technology
- Emergency incident response for unforeseen SGL design issues
- You’ll combine your knowledge of graphic design and your technical expertise with out-of-the-box thinking to help the SGL
- You have at least 6 years of experience in graphic creation, editing, and production on a professional stage in your career
- Bachelors from an accredited university. BA in Graphic Design is preferred but not required.
- You are a team player and handle issues with a direct-result approach
- Have a deep understanding of utilizing Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator and third-party applications related to the software
- Have a working understanding of 3D design software like Blender, Maya, Cinema4D
- Familiar with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Understand the importance of designing under the golden ratio and its value in overall cohesive aesthetics
- Have a great understanding of mathematically precise design and ratio content delivery
- Comfortable with designing under the rules of SGL aesthetic to maintain a consist look throughout all creative
- Great understanding of color theory and how to implement hues to emphasis certain aspects of content
- Knows the rigors of graphic editing and has a great understanding of the best practices
- You have an analytical mindset, can work independently and can handle multiple projects with tight timelines simultaneously
- You are able to plan and execute a project and build an in-depth knowledge of what elements led to the success of your project
- You are fluent in English and preferably a second language like Spanish or ASL
- Be comfortable around cannabis consumption while being able to have tremendous focus on tasks at hand
How you’ll grow
At the SGL, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing cannabis and esports world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at the SGL, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
Your role as a leader
At the SGL, we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our players and sponsors, our people and for society, and make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, employees across our organization:
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service, maximize results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across players and sponsors
- Influence partnered brands, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with other employees
- Understand key objectives for clients and the SGL, align people to objectives and set priorities and direction
What’s in it for you
At the SGL, we know that great people make a great business. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
You’ll work in a collaborative, creative environment where innovation is key. Personal development and growth are encouraged and continuous learning and coaching are part of the people culture. You’ll receive an attractive and competitive salary with fringe benefits.
The SGL is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Stoned Gamers are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for players and clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change.
Ready to apply?